Winter is the perfect time to eat stuffed baked potatoes! Whether it's sweet potatoes or good ole' russet, a stuffed baked potato goes right to your soul on a cold night. I have tried many different stuffed potato flavor combos in the past, but I always come back to this recipe.
It's juicy, spicy chicken with peppers over a fluffy baked potato and topped with all the fixings! If you start the chicken in the morning before work, and throw a few potatoes in the oven right when you get home, it's almost like someone else made dinner!
Get creative with your toppings and have fun playing with the flavors!
Mexican Fiesta Stuffed Potatoes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 russet potatoes, washed and individually wrapped in foil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup jalapeno slices
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
In a Crock-Pot, add chicken, salsa, green chilis, pepper and onion and stir to coat chicken. Cover with lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place foil wrapped potatoes on top oven rack and bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Split open lengthwise and fill with cooked chicken and add toppings as desired. Enjoy!