Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday!! What chef doesn’t love a day that is all about food? And the fact that you have armies of family members to do the dishes :). But after the last dish has been cleaned and you look in your fridge, you see piles of turkey, mountains of cranberry sauce and bags of stuffing! What in the world will you ever do with all of those leftovers? Unless you want to eat Thanksgiving dinner for the next three days, try one of my two favorite ways to clean out the fridge and create delicious dinners!
Today I’m sharing the most ah-mazing turkey chili, I can’t think of a better way to use up your leftover turkey and your veggies! We always have green beans with our Thanksgiving dinner so I like to add them to my chili with the turkey. Corn or carrots would always be a fabulous leftover veggie to add to the chili.
Thanksgiving Turkey Chili
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped with seeds removed
- 1 cup leftover veggies (green beans, corn or carrots)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, add olive oil. Add peppers, onion and jalapeño to the pot. Sauté in olive oil until veggies are just tender. Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for thirty minutes.