I love a good sheet pan meal! There is something so alluring about throwing fresh ingredients on a sheet pan and letting the oven do the work. This recipe packs bold flavor with minimal work. It's a simple toss and go that tastes like you spent way more time on it than you did. It's a personal meal prep favorite because I can be making at least two other meals while this turns into a delicious dinner!
The spicy sausage with crunchy kale and caramelized sweet potatoes save well in the fridge. I meal prep this recipe and eat it for a lunch or dinner. I have occasionally eaten it for breakfast as well!
Make sure you remove the sausages when they are cooked to prevent them from drying out!
Roasted Sausage and Kale with Mustard Dressing
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red or yellow onion, cut in half then 1/2 inch slices
- 1 fennel bulb, top cut off, halved, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 spicy Italian pork sausages
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 375. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients except sausages. Pour veggies in an even layer onto a rimmed baking sheet. Top with sausages. Roast in the oven for 20 min until sausage skins begins to split. Remove cooked sausage to a cutting board and slice into bite sized pieces and cover with foil. Increase heat to 425 degrees and roast veggies until tender, about 10 minutes. Serve with sliced sausage and additional whole grain mustard if desired.